Privacy and policies
Last Updated On: 25th October , 2019
- What information do we collect?
Sonisvision collects your personal as well as non-personal information when you register on the Sonisvision site or visit Sonisvision pages. This information are described herein below to help you understand the types of information collected by sonisvision.
- Name, and contact information, such as email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical address, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as bank account numbers;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the websites (such as blogging, chatting, posting photos, video and content you generate or that relates to your account).
- Personal information you provide to us through correspondence, chats, comments and activities.
- additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity);
- information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, location, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Aggregate Information: Sonisvision collects non-identifying, general, generic and aggregate information to better design our website and services.
- Non-Personal Information: Sonisvision may collect non-personal information as you use Sonisvision. When you use the site, Sonisvision, third-party service providers (e.g. Google Analytics), and partners may receive and record non-personal information from cookies, server logs, and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your IP address.
- We may combine some Non-Personal Information with the Personal Information we collect. Where we do so, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information if the resulting combination may be used to readily identify or locate you in the same manner as Personal Information alone.
- Please note that we do not store your card details or financial information. All the payments are processed by third-party payment gateways which use secured socket layer (SSL) technology to keep your card and financial information protected. Such third party payment gateways, however, store your payment/transaction id to reverse the charges if applicable.
10. How do we store your information?
We use hosting provider Godaddy, therefore your information may be transferred to and stored on servers at various locations. Sonisvision maintains control of your information. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls.
- How do we use your Information?
- When you use Sonisvision, we may request certain information. Sonisvision does not share any of your personally identifiable or transactional information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy. No other third party receives your personally identifiable information or other transactional data except for approximate location / geo-location information when you use the Local jobs service and those with whom you have transactions and share that information. The information we collect is used to improve the content of our website, notify users about updates to our website and for communications, such as customer service. The personal information is mainly used to offer our services on the website. With the help of the information you share; we manage your account as well as your browsing sessions on the website.
- Email Communications: We may send you a welcome email to verify your account and other transactional emails for operational purposes, such as account management, courses or system maintenance. You may only stop those emails by terminating your account. We may also send you promotions, product announcements, surveys, newsletters, developer updates, product evaluations, and event information or other marketing or commercial e-mails. You can opt out of receiving these email communications from Sonisvision at any time by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your e-mail preferences on your Sonisvision account or emailing us to have your contact information removed from our email list or registration database.
- SMS communications: We may send you SMS messages to your phone number for operational purposes, such as notifying you about the comment on your blog or the courses you have purchased. You can opt out of receiving these SMS messages from Sonisvision at any time by updating your notifications preferences on your Sonisvision account or by replying ‘STOP’ to any message we send.
- Marketing: You agree that we may use your personal information to tell you about our services and tools, deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and customize measure and improve our advertising. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email. However, you may not unsubscribe or out opt of the emails that are triggered due to your activities on the website. One such example is changing your password.
- We do not sell or trade upon the personal information of our users. We may, however, share some non-personal information with our associate companies and advertising partners for the traffic management as well as targeting ads. Our associate companies may further contact you and share the information related to the deals in which you might be interested in.
- Non-Personal Information is mainly used our marketing purposes, including, without limitation, marketing on other websites. For example, we may use the information to control the number of times you have seen an ad, deliver ads tailored to your interests, and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. You can prevent us from tailoring our ads to you on other websites by deleting your cookies (see below). Please note that Sonisvision uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer and transaction data exchanged with our site. The information is further used to improve your experience on the website as we use it to do some background calculations. These calculations help us in resolving technical difficulties, adding or removing a functionality, preventing the crashes, or if crashed already, in the restoration of the website.
- Sharing your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to our lawyers, legal team, telecallers, and management to carry out our operations smoothly. The lawyer may need to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. As stated above, we can disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
- We may disclose personal information to our related body corporate and third party suppliers and service providers for some of the purposes. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
- Types of Cookies used by Sonisvision
The session cookies are very important for us to help ensure you use our Platform easily. The session cookies identify you as one user when you browse through different pages of the Platform. If we do not have session cookies, the Platform will recognize you as a new user on each different page you go through. You may also be asked to provide same information again and again in absence of the session cookies. The session cookies are temporary. They are used to track your activities on our Platform and manage our user sessions. They remember the pages you have visited and allowed you an easy navigation. The session cookies are automatically deleted at the time you close your browser. The permanent cookies remain in your system for as long as you do not delete them. However, if they reach their expiry date before you delete them manually, they get removed out of your system or the mobile device automatically. They are also called the persistent cookies because they persist in your system for a longer period of time. We use the permanent cookies to remember your information and settings. They can also store your password if you click on the option “remember password”. The permanent cookies also remember your language selection, preferred theme, bookmarks, menu preferences, or favorites. The permanent cookies make the use of the Platform convenient by allowing an easy login when you visit the Platform in future.
- Accessing and updating your Information
You can update your information through your account profile settings. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you also have an option to request us to update it.
You can opt-out of certain communication you receive from our website. The link to opt-out of the communications is usually provided in the emails. However, please note that opting out of certain information, for example, those related to your account related activities would not be possible.
We resolve the privacy-related queries on a priority basis. Therefore, in order to enable us help you in a better way, we request you share all the details that might be helpful for us in locating the real issues.
- Applicable laws: